Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy Temple the Divya Darshnam scheme is launched by the state government of Andhra Pradesh for the poor people. By this scheme, they get the golden opportunity to visit all holy places in AP state. This Vontimitta Kodandarama temple is also present in the list of AP holy places. Let us know about the temple
About Vontimitta temple:
Kodandarama temple is dedicated to Lord Rama located in Vontimitta. The temple is in the form of Vijayanagara architectural style. It is located at distance of 25 km from Kadapa district and close to Rajampet. This place is associated with great bhaktas and scholars who wrote Bhagavatam and dedicated to Lord
This temple was built by Chola kings. The ceiling over the central space is raised in brackets with multiple corbels. Sri Seetha Rama Kalyanam is celebrated at night in the temple. A government of Andhra Pradesh officially conducts the Seetha Rama Kalyanam at Sri Ramanavami in Vontimitta temple.
Importance of Kodandarama temple:
The Vontimitta temple was built by 2 Sri Rama devotees Mittudu and Vontudu. After constructing the temple both are sacrificed their lives and transformed as statues in that temple itself.
And one most attractive point in Vontimitta temple is there are only a few temples where Idol of Sri Rama without Anjaneya Swamy idol. Based on Puranas Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmana spent some time here in a forest during the period of Agnathavasam.
Once Rama shot an arrow into the earth to quench the thirst of Sita then sweet water gushed out. Later the 2 small tanks named as Rama theertham and Lakshmana Theertham.
Temple opening timings:
- Temple opens at 05:30 AM to 1 PM and 2 pm to 8 PM on all days in a year
Temple sevas and timings:
- Suprabhatham – 5 AM to 5.30 AM
- Sahasranama Archana: 4.30 AM to 5.00 PM
- Abishekam: 5.30 AM to 6.30 AM and 4.00 PM to 4.30 PM
- Alankaram, Archana: 6.30 AM to 7.00 AM
- Sarvadarshanam: 7.00 AM to 4.00 PM and 5.30 PM to 8.00 PM
- Ekantha Seva: 8.00 AM to 8.15 PM
- Lalitha Sahasranama Archana: 5.00 AM to 5.30 PM
- Antharalaya Darshnam: Rs 50
- Abhishekam: Rs 150
- Naivedya Pooja: Rs 500
- Kalyanotasavam: Rs 1000
- Saswatha Abhishekam: Rs 1116
- Pushpa Kanikaryam: Rs 1500
- Gudi Utsavam: Rs 2000
- Gramotsavam: Rs 2500
- Daytime: Rs 15000
- Night time: Rs 25000
Main ritual in Vontimitta temple:
- Seetha Rama Kalyanam on Sri Rama Navami festival
How to Reach:
Pilgrims will visit this Vontimitta Kodandarama temple by train or by road easily
Sri Kodandarama Swamy temple, Vontimitta or EkaShilaNagaram, Kadapa district, 516213