Srisailam Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple As we know about the Andhra Pradesh Divya Darshanam scheme which is implemented by our honorable chief minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu. Under this scheme, poor people who belong to the backward castes will be benefited. The AP government provides the free service for people who want to visit the holy places in AP.
Yes, Srisailam Mallikarjuna Swami temple is one of the visiting tourism temples under this scheme. Before visiting the temple know the importance and other details of a temple.
About Main temple:
The Mallikarjuna Jyothirlinga is Hindu temple located at Srisailam in Andhra Pradesh. The main temple is consisting of separate temples of Mallikarjuna (Shiva) and Bhramaramba (Parvati). There are several sub-shrines, mandapas, pillared halls, springs etc. The entire temple is surrounded by strong Prakaram wall of massive stone.
Veerasiromandapa, Nandi mandapa, a Main temple of Mallikarjuna, Main temple of Bhramaramba are in one row from east to west. Group of 5 temples named as Pandava Prathista and Navabrahma temples are located.
Importance of Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga:
This temple is dedicated to deities Lord Shiva and Goddesses Parvati. Srisailam temple is referred as one of the 12 Jyothirlingas of Lord Shiva as well as one of the Shakti Peethas of goddesses Parvati.
Here Shiva is worshipped as Mallikarjuna and Parvati as Bhramaramba. And it is the only temple in India which is respected as both Jyothirlinga and Shaktipeeth.
As per the Hindu Legend, the presiding deity (Linga) was worshipped with Jasmine (another name Mallika). So that the main deity called Mallikarjuna
Srisailam Temple opening timings:
- Sunday and Monday: 03:30 AM to 03:30 PM and 04:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 04:30 AM to 03:30 PM and 04:30 PM to 10:00 PM
Darshnam types and timings:
- Suprabhata Darshanam: 05:00 AM
- Mahamangala Harathi: 05:50 AM
- Quick Darshan: 06:30 AM to 01:00 PM and 06:30 PM to 09:00 PM
- Special Darshan: 06:30 AM to 01:00 PM and 06:30 PM to 09:00 PM
- Free Darshan: 06:00 AM to 03:30 PM and 06:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Suprabhata Darshanam: Rs 300 for couples or one person
- Mahamangala Harathi: Rs 200 for one person
- Quick Darshan: Rs 100 for one person or couples
- Special Darshan: Rs 50 for one person
Festivals and rituals:
In Srisailam Maha Shiva Ratri is the most important festival also Navaratri
How to Reach:
There are the four gateways to Srisailam temple
East: Thripuranthakam (Prakasam District)
North: Uma Mageswaram, Mahaboob Nagar district
West: Alampuram, Kurnool district
South: Siddavatam, Kadapa Dist