Jonnavada Kamakshi Temple is present near to Nellore district. Divya darshnam is the newly implemented scheme for AP poor or economically week people. Under this scheme, the government will take the pilgrims tour for any 5 important famous temples for free of cost. For this, you need to register at Divya darshnam website.
In that tour, Jonnavada Kamakshi temple is also one of the places. So let know about the Jonnavada before visiting
About Jonnavada Kamakshi temple:
Jonnavada Kamakshi ammavaru and Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy temple is an ancient temple in Jonnavada village. This temple is 23 km away from Nellore and constructed on the bank of scared Penna River.
The temple entrance door, Gopuram and Dwaja Sthanbham with five Kailasam on top are made out of gold. Everyone would revisit this place of glowing divine radiance. The temple has 2 entrances and temple Gopuram carved with images of gods and goddesses.
Importance of Mallikarjuna Kamakshi temple:
According to Tretayuga, powerful sage Kashyapa visited bhoolokam to perform Yagnam. He chooses north of Vedadri as the place to perform Yagam. After completion of his Maha Yagnam, the bright light appears and spread entire bhoolokam.
This Yagam is performed to please Lord Mallikarjuna swami. Lord appeared and pleased with his devotion then onwards Jonnavada is also called as “Yagnavatika Jonnavada”
Devotees believe that whoever sleeps for a night in the temple they will bless with good fortune. There is the bathing ghat near to river for pilgrims.
Temple opening timings:
- Temple will open at 5:00 AM to 01:00 PM and 04:30 PM to 09:15 PM
Jonnavada temple sevas:
- Pulakapu: 7 AM
- Asthotharam: 7 AM to 9 AM
- Khadgamala: 7 AM to 9AM, 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 5 PM to 8 PM
- Sahasranamarchana: 7 AM to 9 AM and 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Laghunyasam: 7 AM to 9 AM
- Mahanyasam: 9 AM to 10:30 AM
- Navavarana: 9 AM to 10:30 AM
- Kalyanam: 10:30 AM to 12 PM
- Pulangi Seva: 5 PM
- Pallaki Seva: 07:30 PM to 08:30 PM
- Samuhika Kumkumarchana: 08:30 PM to 09:30 PM
- Vendi Rathotsavam: 7 PM
- Laksha Kumkumarchana: 11 AM to 1 PM
- Laksha Bilvarshana: 11 Am to 1 PM
- Vendi Nandi seva: 10 PM
- Pulakapu: Rs 200 per couple or single
- Asthotharam: Rs 10 per couple or single
- Khadgamala: Rs 50 per 2 members
- Sahasranamarchana / Laghunyasam: Rs 100 per 2 members
- Mahanyasam: Rs 210 per 2 members
- Navavarana: Rs 310 per 2 members
- Pulangi or Kalyanam: Rs 1000 per 2 members
- Pallaki Seva: Rs 200 one couple or single
- Samuhika Kumkumarchana: Rs 100 one couple or single
- Vendi Rathotsavam: Rs 516 one couple or single
- Laksha Kumkumarchana, Laksha Bilvarshana: Rs 1516 one couple or single
- Vendi Nandi seva: Rs 2116 per couple or single
- Navavarana, Mahanyasam, Kalyanam, Pulakapu: Rs 16,116 for 10 years per one couple or single