Ahobilam Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple The state government of Andhra Pradesh providing the pilgrims’ scheme for poor people and named as Divya Darshanam. The main aim of this scheme is to provide the devotional tour for financial poor people at free of cost. Ahobilam temple is also present in the list of that devotional tour. Ahobilam is one of the religious centers dedicated to Lord Narasimha Swamy.
About Ahobilam temple:
Ahobilam is located in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. The temple consists of nine shrines to Lord Narashimha located around 5 Kms. Ahobilam temple is exhibit superb stone craftsmanship also the history has designed in stone structure.
The tower over sanctum sanctorum of Ahobilam Narasimha temple also called Guhai Vimanam and Pushkarani temple are Bhargava, Pavansasini, Nrisimha, Indra and Gaja Pushkarani.
Importance of Ahobilam Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy:
The main idol of a temple is believed to Svayambu and names as Lord Ahobila Narasimha Swamy and Ugra Narasimha. Here he appears as a fierce aspect. The goddess found in this temple is Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Senjulakshmi.
Lord Srirama, Poet Annam Acharya poet images, ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu are sculptured on temple walls. And Pothuluri Veerabrahmendra Swamy has greatly meditated at this place.
Based on legends, the entire story of Narashimha avatar and killing the king Hiranyakashipu is taken place here.
The Nava Narasimha temples:
- Chatravata Narasimha: Lower Ahobilam
- Bhargava Narashimha: Lower Ahobilam
- Yogananda Narasimha: Lower Ahobilam
- Ahobila Narasimha: Main temple Upper Ahobilam
- Malola Narasimha / Varaha Narashimha: ½ km trek from upper Ahobilam temple
- Karanja Narasimha: On the Way to Upper Ahobilam
- Kroda Narashimha: 7 km from upper Ahobilam temple
- Jwala Narasimha: 5 Km from upper Ahobilam temple
Temple opening timings:
- Lower (Diguva) Ahobilam: 06:30 AM to 01:00 PM and 03:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- Upper (Eguva) Ahobilam: 7 AM to 1 PM and 2 PM to 7 PM
- Remaining temples: 9 AM to 4 PM
Sevas at Ahobilam temple:
- Kalyanotsavam, Sudharshana Homam: Rs 3000
- Saswatha Abhishekam, Saswatha Pooja: Rs 1500
- Panaka Seva, Abhishekam, Dhanurama Pooja: Rs 200
- Pavutrotsava Pooja, Dasara Navaraatrula Pooja: Rs 500
- Saswatha Kalyanam: Rs 20000
- Nava Narashimha Abhishekam: Rs 2000
- Darshanam: Rs 10
- Special Darshan, Vastra seva: Rs 50
- Sahasranamarchana: Rs 100
- Aaku Pooja: Rs 200
- Thomala Seva, Neyyi Dheepam: Rs 500
- Vivaha Kattadi: Rs 200
- Addalamandapa seva: Rs 2000
- Rathosavam: Rs 2000
- Gramotsavam: Rs 2000
- Vahana Seva: Rs 1500
- Kesakandana: Rs 10
- Puttuventrukalu: Rs 20
- 3 and 2 wheeler Pooja: Rs 5
- Four wheeler vehicle Pooja: Rs 10
Here every Friday persists perform Ammavari Abhishekam and Uyyala seva. Daily morning Abhishekam and evening Gramotsavam. Ekadasi, Amavasya, Swathy, Poornami are the monthly Friday.Check Here for AP Divya Darsanam Scheme Online Registration